mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Chapter 7: Pro Se Debtor in California Going for Broke with Ch7

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: California

Well, I thought I was going to be able to just do nothing and settle credit cards over time. My employer gave me official notice that I had 30 days to correct my financial situation or lose ability to hold the position. (yes they CAN do that where I work since maintaining eligibility is a requirement)

I have about $700 available. Court fees are around $400, so that leaves me with some wiggle room. I already bought and read nolo's book on CH7. I have consulted with 4 different attorneys. At the end of the day, the lowest bidder was $1,000 I don't have plus court fees. I have already been collecting statements etc every month since last year and have it all ready to go with property values and everything.

Questions/Advice wanted:

1)bestcase is out of my budget for software as are the attorneys that have it...but I could use the free trial to prepare my forms. Would it be worth purchasing any of the other software programs in the under $200 category for peace of mind in form preparation and other issues or just use the freebie?

2) Is there a layman's list of court rules on the internet that would dictate the little things? (For example, if I file July 30th, do I have to include July's income?) or do I just need to pull this out of the reg myself?

3) Any recommendations on naming creditors when all accounts are in charged-off status and the buyers of the debt are yet unknown?

4) If my wife suffers from anxiety, would a notarized limited power of attorney allow me to act on her behalf and excuse her physical presence in all proceedings?

5) Are there options other PACER for getting documents to use for inspiration on adversarial proceedings? I figured I'd try to prove the Brunner test on my student loans since my circumstances bear some similarity to Hedlund v PHEAA. The court docs I can find for it don't show the wizardry employed by his pro bono firm.

Otherwise, the CH7 petition itself is simple. No assets, no debt transactions in 9 months, and I am under the median. I am including the means test anyway, because it looks really bad financially.

Thanks!


Chapter 7: Pro Se Debtor in California Going for Broke with Ch7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire