mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Claiming Benefits: Can You Get Worker's Compensation if You Took a Job Using Somebody Else's Identity

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: California

My visa expired and I have been using my brother's in law SSN# to work for the past 10 months. The company I worked for was fully aware of my situation. On July 1st I suffered and accident at work. Even though the accident was someone else's fault (someone dropped a heavy object on me) I was still drug tested and came back positive for marijuana (which I had smoked daily 4 weeks prior, during my 7 day stay at Vegas) I got terminated. My injury required I get stitches for my forehead and physical therapy for a grade 2 hamstring strain. The orthopedic is concerned my strain might be more than just that, and has now asked for an MRI. I do not have insurance and can't afford treatment, so I decided to play along and pretend to be someone I'm not. So far so good, but I am very concerned about the consequences of my actions. What is the worst that can happen to both me and my brother in law? Also, being unemployed, unable to do physical work work (I work construction) and having therapy 3 times a week 20 miles from home (gas prices!), I am going through a harsh time economically speaking. I have actually considered trying to claim compensation. Ideas?


Claiming Benefits: Can You Get Worker's Compensation if You Took a Job Using Somebody Else's Identity

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire