mardi 28 juillet 2015

Estate Assets and Debts: Claims for Medical Bills if the Patient is Deceased

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Florida.

Hi I am very sad to post this question but we are at a point in out lives where this question needs to be raised. My grandfather, recently had a surgery and right after his surgery he had a stroke, where after he was taken to the hospital he had 2 other strokes. He has been in surgery 2 times and today will be his 3rd. Right at the moment he lost his right side and his ability to speak. He is in his late 80s and not looking good :(

He does not have a lot of money and only a house which in his trust left to my mother and my aunt. The question is if something happens to him what happens, the doctors are started to ask if he has real estate or money already I am not even sure if this is a legal question to ask!

Long story short, if my mother ends up with high medical bills which in all cases she will what can she do, do they have to sell the house and pay the dept? or is the dept entitled to my grandfather and if he passes away no bills will be left to others.

Appreciate all the help!


Estate Assets and Debts: Claims for Medical Bills if the Patient is Deceased

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire