mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Service Providers: Cable Company Employee Stole From Our Home

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Georgia
I am beyond anger. The man the cable company sent to install service at our home, took a crossbow and accessories. He posted it for sale on Craigslist that same day and was subsequently arrested. Now after 9 months of delays, the DA reports that he will be pleading guilty in state court next Tuesday.
While going through the legal process, I found that the cable guy is a convicted felon on probation. He was recently released from prison after serving 3 years of a 20 year sentence for aggravated assault and robbery. (There had also been other incarcerations but they were shorter and not for felonies).
When I called the cable company to report the incident, I spoke with a regional office supervisor who told me that the installer was an employee of one of their subcontractors and that he would pass on the information. When I pressed him for what they were going to do about this, he told me that it was an internal company problem and they would "take care of it". When I asked him to explain, he pretty much hung up on me. I then "uninstalled" all of their equipment and took it back to our local cable office. I also spoke with a supervisor of the subcontractor who told me the guy had gone through a background check.
My question is (now that the installer is pleading guilty of the theft), do I have cause to go after the cable company and their subcontractor) for sending a convicted felon into my home? I am not a litigious person but this guy stole a deadly weapon. This crossbow can kill a bear. We keep all of our guns locked up but the crossbow will not fit in the gun safe so we store it on a high shelf out of sight (or so we thought).


Service Providers: Cable Company Employee Stole From Our Home

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire