mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Other Injuries: Can I (15) Petition a Court for Some of the Money Given to Me in an Accident

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: California
Hello, My Name Is Austin. To Start, I'd Like To Tell You About The Accident. In 2006, I was in an offroad accident where our vehicle was landed on by a large pickup truck who was in the wrong in so many ways. In the dunes where the accident occurred you are required to have a flag on your vehicle so you can be seen by other vehicles easier, which he did not. Also, if you intend to attempt to send your vehicle into the air from a dune, it is basic duning to know that you should have a flagger to watch for other vehicles that you may hit upon landing or launching. He did not. On top of all of that, he was drunk. We were in a Kawasaki UTV With 3 passengers, a flag, and a sober driver. We suffered 3 injuries and 1 fatality, he had one other passenger who only suffered scratches and bruises. In the court, he was found guilty of manslaughter and given 30 days and lots of community service. He also paid each passenger of our vehicle money. I am not to access my money until age 18 but as a 15 year old, I Will be driving soon which means I need a vehicle. The type of vehicle I seek is classified as an Offroad custom which means loans are not an option. I was told that I can petition a court to access some of my money. Is that true? If so, where do I start? Keep in mind, I have a clean record with no felonies, not even a fight or a misdameanor. I'm a multisport athlete with good grades. Please Help!


Other Injuries: Can I (15) Petition a Court for Some of the Money Given to Me in an Accident

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire