jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Divorce: 8 Months Pregnant and Husband Wants a Divorce

My question involves a marriage in the state of: GA or LA


We lived in GA for most of our 5 year marriage. We bought a home early this year and planned on moving when it was built in Louisiana. It is a mobile home with 12 acres, new construction. My husband works out of state and i usually only see him maybe 10 times a year if that much. I am a stay at home mom ans have been since he got his out of state job, almost 4 years ago when we had our son, i am now 8 months pregnant with our daughter. Well, right before we moved all of our stuff to Lousiana to put in storage, because the house should be ready in a couple weeks, he comes home to move us and tells me he wants a Divorce because he doesn't love me anymore. Not many reasons beyond that. This could not have been more of a shock to me. The more surprising thing is, he doesn't even want to work things out, he doesn't even want to try. I think he may have someone else, but there I no way for me to prove it. He hasn't actually said when he's going to file papers, he just said he didn't love me anymore and wanted a divorce. Right now he is back at work, refusing to talk to me, and I am staying with friends in LA with our son. Hopefully our house will be ready in a couple weeks. I want to work the marriage out, but it doesn't seem there's any way he's going to let that happen.

The difficult part is, in Louisiana you have to live here for an entire year before you can file for a divorce.

Does that mean he would have to file in Georgia? In GA there is only a 31 day waiting period for a divorce. So if he filed, there's no way for me to respond because I'm too far along in the pregnancy. What should I do? Can we even consult a lawyer here to work out child support and alimony? Or will that have to be done in GA too?


Divorce: 8 Months Pregnant and Husband Wants a Divorce

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire