jeudi 30 juillet 2015

Repossession: Car Damaged During Repossession

My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: New York

Hello, so recently I had my car repossessed and I believe there were a few things wrong with this particular case.

My main problem:
Today I got my car back and noticed a noise driving home. Once I got home, upon exiting the vehicle I noticed they had messed my door up pretty badly. Clearly the damage was a result of them attempting to get into the vehicle as it looks like they pryed something in between the door, and there are many little bumps and dents from an apparent struggle. Furthermore, the top corner of the door is now bent out of place and is not flush with the body. Inside the door panel is loose and all bent up. (will include some photos in a reply).

Now I want to know if the company responsible for the repossession can be held responsible for the damage to the car, and what can I do about this to make sure they are in fact held responsible.

Also, isn't there some sort of grace period before they can turn your plates in? I had refinanced my car the day after it being repossessed and I was under the impression I would be able to go get the car as a result, but they had already turned in my license plates, do I have any sort of case there for them turning my plates in prematurely?

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -









Repossession: Car Damaged During Repossession

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire