mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Roommates: Roommates Wants to Sue for Their Portions of Security Deposit

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of Virginia: so I moved out of my house i rented in Richmond, the landlord took all of the security deposit $1800 to fix my room. Two of my roommates wants me to pay their portions of the deposit back because they gave me money and I wrote a check for the landlord for $1800. So rent is one check as well. They said they are willing to take me to court for the amount I owed them. She said that she has free representation and that she would win the case because the landlord only fixed my room only. I knew our deposit was gone by how we were living in that house. The house was really dirty and no one bothers to clean it up, usually it would be me or this other roommate who cleans. We had mice as well. The house overall was dirty in general. I lived with three other people. On top of that the landlord wants additional $700 because he used more than $1800 to repair my room. One of the roommates is still currently living there right now. The landlord didn't do a walk through exit inspection with us and we didn't know about it as well. Also there was two other people still living there as well. We didn't have any roommate agreement about how the security deposit would be done or who will pay what damages. On the lease it just said one security deposit doesn't say anything about one person paying for the damages. It was one lease with three people names and one roommate whose name is not on the lease. So Idk what to do


Roommates: Roommates Wants to Sue for Their Portions of Security Deposit

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire