mercredi 29 juillet 2015

Custody and Visitation Issues: 13 Year Old - New York

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: New York.

I am living with a man I have been seeing for quite some time now. We live together with his 18 year old son, permanently (as the son has no communication, or interested in communicating, with his mother at all). He has a daughter who is 13 and sees occasionally (there is no visitation order in place, yet). When he has seen her in the past, we would (together) have dinner, go places, bake, play games etc.

Just recently, his daughter told her father she feels uncomfortable around me. There was never any indication of this, and my boyfriend believes it is his ex wife coaxing his daughter to say this in an effort to sabotage our relationship, or his ability to see his daughter.

My question is... once visitation is set, can his daughter say she doesn't want to see him because of me? if so, can we put any mediator in place to prove there is nothing going awry during her visitation that would make her feel uncomfortable?

Just as an example, I do not even hold his hand while she is around out of respect for her, so I would never do anything to make her feel uncomfortable.

I would like to know our options so he could have his daughter in his life on a consistent basis, while still securing our relationship.

Thank you


Custody and Visitation Issues: 13 Year Old - New York

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire