mardi 28 juillet 2015

Disqualification: Would I Be Eligible for Unemployment While Looking for New Work

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: New York


My question is wether or not I would be eligible for unemployment after leaving a job.
Or, I suppose if the reasons for leaving would be considered a "good reason" as required by the NYS UI


My reasons for leaving are as follows:

I have on several occasions been harassed by my employer for my weight. More often than not this has been in front of co-workers. My employer has also made comments about my size to my fellow coworkers without me present. I feel this leads to a lack of respect from my co-workers and makes for a very difficult and embarrassing work environment. I am a man but I feel that if I were to make these comments to my fellow female co-workers I would have a serious issue on my hands.

And secondly I receive a salary and according to the department of labor (whom i called and asked) I am not supposed to be receiving salary pay. I work a minimum 50 hour week and only get paid for 40.
I asked for a raise and I was told that my work load would just increase.

I need a new job and I am looking for one, however I don't think I can work another week in this place.

Any input would be appreciated.


Disqualification: Would I Be Eligible for Unemployment While Looking for New Work

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire