jeudi 27 décembre 2018

Wills: Type Up My Own Will and Have Notarized

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Texas. I don't have a large estate, only a fully-owned condo, old employee retirement fund, and a couple of investment-IRA funds. Two adult children and 2 young grandchildren. I've specified both adult children are to act as co-Executors, named those who I intentionally exclude, that the Condo is to be sold, disposal and who gets what of my personal items, what funds are to be put in Trust for my 2 grand-kids (already listed as 50-50 Beneficiaries), who is to be the Trustee of this Trust, and who is to be excluded from any control or access to this Trust.
I initially tried to write a holographic Will but my handwriting has deteriorated to such a point I'm concerned the Will would be questioned as readable and would not be accepted. So I typed this all out in a Word document and ended up with 10 specific sections or paragraphs and a 3 page document. It's dated and includes the customary "of sound mind" and "expressly revoke all prior wills" statements.
I intend to sign with a Notary and with 3 witnesses. Will my Will be accepted as legal for settling my estate and the probate process? Is there anything I specifically need to state or add?
Thank you.


Wills: Type Up My Own Will and Have Notarized

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire