vendredi 28 décembre 2018

Trademarking My Business Name

Hi :)

As stated in another thread, I wish to trademark my business name. My business is registered with the State Of CT, and is a single-member LLC. The business is the composition, licensing, and publishing of original music (that I write).

I was planning on filling out the TEAS Plus form and would like to use the following term for Goods and Services:

Composition, Licensing and Publishing Of Original Music

So, I sent a request to have this term added to the database ID Manual, as I don't feel that any other term fits 100%.

That request was refused, based on the fact that "it is too overbroad, in that it includes services in multiple classes."

Ok, I kinda understand that, but I am a little confused as to where to go with this.

There are two other terms that fit:

Music composition for others
Music composition services


- but if I use one of those, that seems to only cover part of what my company will do.

Furthermore, if I do a TM search for a competitor's name, this is what is listed under G&S:

Sound recordings, namely, prerecorded digitally formatted audio discs, phonograph records, analog audio tapes and digital audio tapes, all featuring music; video recordings, namely, prerecorded digital video discs, analog video tapes, digital video tapes and laser discs, all featuring music video and music documentary; downloadable sound and video recordings featuring music and musical performances; downloadable digital music provided from the Internet.

Not sure where that (or something similar) would go?

Or do you actually have to TM your name separately for diff G&S, even tho they are similar?

Would like to hear from someone who has experience with this. I don't mind hiring an atty, but I don't think that's necessary just to answer these Qs.

Thanks in advance.


Trademarking My Business Name

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire