vendredi 14 décembre 2018

Got 22350 for Screeching Tires (Allegedly) and 4 Fix It Tickets, Advice Needed

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CALIFORNIA

Hey guys, this is my first post here! First off, glad to join this forum and be able to contribute and learn from all of you guys!

Okay now on to the good stuff. Over a month ago I got pulled over after making a left turn. The officer lit me up and I pulled over. It was two motorcycle cops, one pulled up behind me and the other pulled up to the side of my window. The officer who pulled up to my window was “mad dogging” me (best way I can describe it) so I asked him hey what’s going on? Proceeds to mad dog me a little more and then finally asks me why I did what I did back there. At this point I had no idea but if I had to guess it was because my car (Focus RS) has an exhaust that makes pop and bang noises from the factory, and that’s exactly when they lit me up was when I shifted gears and the exhaust popped.

My response to him was “Do what officer?” Idk if he was having a bad day but he just got enraged and asked me for my license, insurance and registration. I gave him all that was requested and after a few minutes he came back and told me the reason he pulled me over was for screeching my tires through the turn. I kindly told him that I’m pretty sure I didn’t considering my car is awd, it’s not wet and I didn’t hit the turn fast enough to warrant my tires to spin. I was second in line to make the turn and the car in front of me drove way faster through the turn than I did so I was shocked. He didn’t like that and said he was going to be writing me up some tickets and honestly we both started being disrespectful and loud toward each other. I asked for his watch command to come so they called him over. After I requested that they asked me to pop my hood which I declined at first to give them a hard time cause I felt like they were giving me a hard time but at the end I did. After he inspected under my hood and saw everything was standard I went to go close the hood and they told me not to. After that he placed me in handcuffs on the side of the road till his watch command came. When the watch command came I asked him if it’s normal for his officers to cuff people for traffic stops to which he responded sometimes...okay.

Long story short they wrote me up for unsafe speed 22350 for screeching tires, 27150 for modified exhaust, 26709 for material on my windshield, 26708 tint, and 5200 no front plates.

I should note on the ticket it says I was going 30 in a 35 zone. Also after about a week a called their department and got a hold of one of the officers and he didn’t remember me by name but when I told him where they pulled me over he remembered. I apologized to him for the way I spoke to them because that’s not normally how I talk to people and he seemed to like that. He said no worries and I didn’t have to call to apologize because we all have our bad days.

So a few questions, how would you fight the unsafe speed? I’m pretty sure I didn’t break traction.

Also it’s been about 5 weeks and the ticket still hasn’t shown up on the system, is that normal?

And also would like to hear your general thought on this situation as well. Thanks in advance for all future replies!


Got 22350 for Screeching Tires (Allegedly) and 4 Fix It Tickets, Advice Needed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire