mardi 18 décembre 2018

Can 24002(B) Be Correctable

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I was asked by a friend of mine to drive his truck and a gooseneck trailer to the landfill for him. When I was leaving I was stopped by the CHP for having a taillight out on the trailer. The officer was friendly and I believe cut me a break. The trailer, empty at the time of the stop, had a GVWR of over 10k lbs. The CHP officer informed I needed a class A to tow it. The officer cited me for 24600(a), 24603(a) & 24002(b). He marked them all as correctable and told me they would be dismissed if I corrected them. 24002(b) he wrote for missing a lug nut. He allowed me to drive the trailer home but said if it was missing more he would not have. The officer also told me where he sets up to sign off fix it tickets.

The next day I rewired the trailer so all of the lights were functional and added the missing lug nut. I wanted the same officer to sign off on the ticket because I thought it might be difficult to get another officer to sign off the 24002(b). I asked my neighbor with a class A license to dive me over to see the officer.

The officer gladly signed off on all three violations. I asked him if the court tries to say 24002(b) is not a correctable violation and I contest it, will he fight me on it. He said no.

I went to the court showed them proof of correction paid $75 and all three violations were dismissed. I have checked the courts website and the case has been updated to "dismissed - proof of correction provided". My question is can this case be reviewed by anyone and reopened? From my research I assumed 24002(b) is a one point violation and not correctable.


Can 24002(B) Be Correctable

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire