mercredi 26 décembre 2018

How to Regain Custody of My Daughter from Her Grandmother

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: North Carolina

Ok I've not seen my daughter in 3 years because I had gotten into some trouble and was involved with drugs, but I am clean and sober now and have been for a little over 7 months. I have a job now and my own place so I can now provide for my daughter and I want to be back in her life. Here's how her grandmother gained custody of her:
Almost 4 years ago I was in trouble and on probation so instead of staying on probation I decided to contact my probation officer and violate myself, go do 60 days in jail and get out and not have probation. Well while I was doing that my daughters father got arrested and while we were both in jail his mother talked him into signing temporary custody over to her, well when I got out she said there was a court date coming up that her lawyer sent the papers and it was just for a review of her temporary custody (which I was fine with at the time because I had just got out of jail and couldn't take care of my daughter at that time) so I received the papers in the mail from her lawyer and they stated that the court date was for review of temporary custody and I was exempt from court didn't need to show up because I lived so far away.(I lived in Lexington, NC and the grandmother lives in Oak Island,NC) But it was all a lie the court date was really for Full Custody and me not showing up automatically gave my daughters grandmother full custody.
I now live in Asheboro, NC and like I said have been clean, work full time and have my own apartment! What can I do and what steps should I take on getting my daughter back?


How to Regain Custody of My Daughter from Her Grandmother

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire