mercredi 12 décembre 2018

Auto Insurance: Total Loss Settlement

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Arizona

Accident loss occurred: 11/19/2018

My daughter rear ended a pickup truck. The other driver indicated no damage to the company vehicle (No claim being submitted). Only a 1st name and telephone number's were exchanged at the accident. Daughter called the guy several days later and the driver indicated his company agreed no damage to their vehicle.

Geico has accepted the claim. The adjuster indicated vehicle a total loss. $500.00 deductible. As usual Geico utilizes a 3rd party CCC One for their MVR's.

I am not disputing Geico's current acquired Base Value or the deduction taken from any previous damage or deduction's for wear and tear.
What I am disputing is the data CCC One is providing outdated by 3 months. May or may not affect the base value today.

Comp. #1 September 1, 2018 - Unverifiable - No longer in dealership's inventory
Comp. #2 September 22, 2018 - Unverifiable - The dealership is no longer in business.
Comp. #3 November 25, 2018 - Verifiable - In dealer's current inventory.

When the adjuster came to inspect my daughter's vehicle at our residence I told her the integrity and reliability of CCC One's data provides is usually outdated.

So, on behalf of my daughter I am refusing to settle her claim based on being provided with outdated Comp. source data being used. Yes! I am breaking peanuts It's more on the principal Geico relies on using outdated data to come up with their MVR'S. This maybe an industry standard.

I told the adjuster I would be happy to re-consider the offer to settle this claim with up to date Comp's. The adjuster indicated she would advise and speak with her supervisor regarding this matter . The adjuster called back and stating they were standing on the provided MVR and would not obtain another MVR. My guess her supervisor told her not to re-run another MVR based on an additional cost. I told the adjuster she can sit on the claim I'm not settling a claim based on outdated data. Naturally, the adjuster popped off with stating they'll proceed with the policy Appraisal clause. I told her I'm not disputing the obtained base value. Again, I'm breaking peanuts not willing to rely on old data. If CCC One is unable to obtain current Comp's then they should expand their search.

Received another call from the adjuster today who spoke with my daughter since she's the owner. I interjected telling the adjuster the same information regarding settling the claim. She again said then we'll use the policy appraisal clause. Again, I told her I'm not disputing the value. I'm disputing the base value was derived from old data. The adjuster then stated then she will just close the claim.

I appreciate the review for an opinion and the response being received.

Thanks,
DDSA


Auto Insurance: Total Loss Settlement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire