mercredi 19 décembre 2018

Evicted for Having Guest Overnight

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of California. I was recently evicted from a room I was renting for having an unauthorized guest overnight. I did not have a written lease agreement and my landlady told me prior to moving in that I could have guests over occasionally but this time I was denied permission and had a guest overnight anyway, mainly due to extenuating circumstances (bad weather and car trouble, which I explained to her when I requested that the guest stay over). The guest stayed over on a Wednesday night and my landlady told me the next day that I had to move out on Friday by noon and that I had to forfeit the rent for the remaining 3 weeks of the month ($700) as well as my last month’s rent ($825). The lease was month to month and there was no written lease agreement. If anybody knows if and how I can get my money back I would greatly appreciate it.


Evicted for Having Guest Overnight

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire