lundi 17 décembre 2018

Business Disputes: Legal for an Employer to Send Emails Using My Name Without My Consent

My question involves business law in the state of: Texas

I am an independent contractor. My employer terminated our contract (without complying with the 5 day notice requirement, by the way). She then sent an email to all of my LinkedIn contacts stating that it was my last day with the firm and stating that those contacts would "be in good hands with another person at the firm." It also stated that "they are truly the best in the business." I didn't say any of those things and didn't authorize the use of my name in any way. What legal recourse do I have?

She (her firm) also owes me commissions under the terms of the contract, and I would like to know if this unauthorized use of my name gives me any leverage in getting the money I am owed.

Thanks!


Business Disputes: Legal for an Employer to Send Emails Using My Name Without My Consent

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire