lundi 17 décembre 2018

Auto Insurance: The Complainer Database Myth

My question involves insurance law for the state of: CA

I've helped a friend submit a complaint to the CA state department of insurance, about a 3rd party claim (against the insurance of the at-fault driver). Soon after she panicked as she heard from her father that anyone who complains to the CA state is put by the insurances in a "complainer database", which means she'll pay higher premiums next time she switches insurance.

I could not find a way to debunk this conspiracy theory. I googled this topic but found no discussion about it. I believe it is an absurd idea but makes just enough sense on its surface to be believable. I think it would violate a number of CA privacy and consumer laws. I realize it's almost impossible to dissuade a conspiracy believer, but I was wondering if anyone has a better idea than me on how to disprove it.

I guess I should re-evaluate my choices in the matter of friendships ^^


Auto Insurance: The Complainer Database Myth

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire