jeudi 20 décembre 2018

Parking Violations: Failed to Notified Law Enforcement About Car Towed in California

Hello,

Question: Do I have a valid case for small claims

On 12/17/18 At 7:28 pm, I went to a gym in Long Beach, CA. I entered the parking lot from back of a adjacent building didn't see any illegal parking posting as it was very dark (late I walked to that entrance and sign is there, but no visible at night) . At 8:34 I walked out of the gym to a missing car, 5 minutes later the security guard approach me to tell me my car was towed. I call towing company to find out that if I want my car that night fee will be $347, next morning $250. So I waited to next day to pick up my car loosing half day of work. Paid $250.

Then I research the code 22658 cvc and find out that the security guard stated on the towing invoice that he observed my car for an hour, but then the parking violation time is 7:32pm and car was towed at 8:04pm (LESS THAN AN HOUR).

2nd finding: Car was towed at 8:04pm but didn't reported to the police department until 9:27pm. Code section 22658 stated that a towed vehicle should be reported to a law enforcement agency with in an hour in transit of 15 minute of arriving to the tow facility. Failing to do so entitled the owner of the car three times the amount paid.

I went to the tow company and explained my findings, they refund my money back, but refuse to pay me for my time and personal distress and taxi fare to go home that night and to towing company the next day.

Should I sue the the tow company?
Should I sue the property or the security guard company?
Do I have a case?


Thank you for your advice,


Parking Violations: Failed to Notified Law Enforcement About Car Towed in California

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire