mercredi 12 décembre 2018

Property Division: Divorce: Paying Rent to the Out-Spouse Under Watts Credits

My question involves a marriage in the state of: CA- Los Angeles County
My wife left the house on 10/20/18 to her parents house to proceed for divorce. A week later we agreed on putting our house that we bought together for sale. The house got an offer and escrow opened a week later and the escrow will be closed in a few days. a couple weeks ago her lawyer verbally told me I have to pay her rent and I refused it over the phone because the house was not even rentable during this time as it was in escrow. To add that these two months I paid half of the mortgage as my share to her.
Can they get rent from me under any law, or this can be easily awarded to me by judge if we go to court?


Property Division: Divorce: Paying Rent to the Out-Spouse Under Watts Credits

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire