mardi 25 décembre 2018

Initiation of Charges Can I Be Rearrested with Additional Charges

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida.

I was arrested in a department store yesterday for stealing a $29 blush. I placed it in my hoodie pocket while searching through some kids toys. I ended up searching the entire store for a set of action figures as the store has stuff set up the walkways throughout. I didn't find the toy, forgot about the blush and decided to make a run to Walmart in hope they still had it.

I was stopped in the parking lot, the LP officer told me to write down what happened, I would be charged a $200 civil fine, given a trespassing warrant, and as long as I was honest we didn't need to involve the police. I did what he asked and wrote down what happened. Offered to pay for the blush and the $200 fine on the spot.

That's when he said I need to confess to everything I ever stole from them, they've been following me since the summer and have me on video placing a large makeup box and a headband with antlers in my purse while in the dressing room among other things. He would never specify what else, just kept saying I needed to be honest. I told him I knew the makeup he was talking about, but there's no way a box that big would fit in my purse and I had never seen the antler headband. He told me I stole perfume 2 days prior, I told him I had not. He said confess and go home or keep lying and I call the cops. I told him to tell me what he wants me to say and I'll say it but I've never taken anything.

He called the police, showed the officer video of me placing the blush into my hoodie while shopping in the kids toy section and walking all over the store before leaving. Also showed him a video of me from 2 days prior picking up 2 stocking stuffer perfumes, placing them in the stores shopping bag while I shopped, then returning them to the stocking stuffer table and said I intended on stealing them but got spooked. He said they have video of me going into the dressing room with items and coming out with nothing. He didn't want to hear that I return them to the return rack and told the officer he had video of me placing the makeup and antlers into my purse 4-5 weeks ago inside the dressing room, then going to the counter and paying for some clothes. He refused to show me the video when I asked him to play it saying it would violate the rights of everyone else on the video and he's been "working me for a while".

My question is, other than hiring an attorney, which I am in the process of doing, do I need to worry about anything other than the $29 item I was charged with, if this guy continues to insist I placed these items inside my purse does he have to show that video, or how can I prove that isn't possible? Also, can they charge me with everything I've tried on and returned to the return rack because he kept saying I go in with items and don't always come out with anything?


Initiation of Charges Can I Be Rearrested with Additional Charges

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire