jeudi 27 septembre 2018

Transfer of Title: A Strange Problem

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Vermont/New Hampshire

I recently purchased a used car in Vermont and I live in New Hampshire. The dealer put a temp plate on the car. When I tried to register the car, I was told that the original owner never signed over the car.

The dealer finance guy tells me that the original owner wouldn't return their calls or cooperate over the matter so they had me bring the car back because the temporary reg expires today. They gave me a loaner with their dealer plate on it. In the meantime I have a loan payment due in a couple of days and I don't have possession of "my" car and don't know when I will.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this before? Do I own this car? I don't know what to do. I want to be reasonable and give them a chance to correct this but I don't want to pay for a car that's not mine.

Thanks in advance for the information.


Transfer of Title: A Strange Problem

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire