mercredi 26 septembre 2018

Federal Taxes: Ein Revocable to Irrevocable Questions and IRS Website

I'm confused. My mother passed away with a revocable trust my stepfather is trustee of. One bank had no issues transferring assets with a death certificate. Broker says we have to have an EIN.

Trust says it becomes Irrevocable at Grantor's death. I assume that's just automatic?
Does Jane Doe Rev Trust DTD 1/1/90 become
Jane Doe Irrevocable Trust DTD 1/1/90 or does date change to be the day she died or some other date (first asset to xfer?)

I tried applying for an EIN online with the Trustee but we got stuck.
Legal name of Irrevocable Trust* Jane Doe Rev Trust 01011990
**Does date stay when it was first funded in 1990 or some new date**

Date Trust funded
**I guess technically the trust had assets before and converted at her death, so was it funded at death or some other date?**

This whole process has been frustrating, I appreciate any thoughts.


Federal Taxes: Ein Revocable to Irrevocable Questions and IRS Website

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire