mercredi 26 septembre 2018

Business Disputes: Is a Stop Payment on a Check for Services Rendered Illegal in Pa

My question involves business law in the state of: Pennsylvania. Is it illegal in the state of PA to put a stop payment on a check for services rendered? I want to verify I'm right before I send out a letter to the 'customer'. I put customer in quotes because we still haven't been paid. I'm calling it a stop payment on services rendered because there's no product that we can take back. I don't want to go into a lot of detail, but I work for a metal fabrication shop and we did a lot of work on this woman's horse trailer. After she picked up her trailer, she tried to say that our work on her trailer caused a part on her truck to fail so she put a stop payment on her check. We are saying the part on her truck failed because of the way her trailer hitch was wired, so the fault lies in the workmanship of the person who did the wiring on her trailer hitch not our workmanship. I haven't finished my research on that aspect, but I'm pretty sure I can prove that the fault is in the trailer hitch. However, that's not the point, she put a stop payment on a check for services rendered and I thought that was illegal in PA. My instinct tells me that she did it to ensure that the situation would be resolved and she felt that her check was her only leverage. My preliminary research says that her leverage is her right to sue and that the stop payment is illegal. I figure since I have this website at my fingertips, I should verify my thoughts. Thanks to all that help me in this.


Business Disputes: Is a Stop Payment on a Check for Services Rendered Illegal in Pa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire