dimanche 30 septembre 2018

Rental Agreements: Fraudulent Rent Payments with Stolen Credit Cards

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California
Not sure if this is the correct forum. My issue involves my property that is being managed by a Property Management Company.

Dec'17 I was notified by my property manager they had signed a new tenant to a 6 month lease. This is how they described the tenant-
"We have one gentlemen who applied (super nice guy and really wanted the home) but we were reluctant to move forward due to some credit concerns, however, he has provided reasonable explanations and clarified. We have checked references, income and a full credit report. We are moving forward with a lease today with a start date of 12/20. The lease will terminate on 6/31/18."
Early May '18 Property manager was notified that the renter was paying rent with stolen credit cards. I was paid my monies due for months prior to notification. Credit card company charged back the monies from property manager.
3 day notice to pay or quit was not issued until July 9th 2018. The tenant was not evicted until Sept'18. 4 months of uncollected rents, fraudulent or otherwise. Property management company wants me to reimburse them for the chargebacks by Credit Card company. Am I liable to pay back the rents that were charged backed to Credit Card company?


Rental Agreements: Fraudulent Rent Payments with Stolen Credit Cards

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire