mercredi 26 septembre 2018

Modification of Custody: 14 Year Old, Only Child, Modification

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: TEXAS

Hello, I know this is a long shot but I have to try.

7 Years ago I lost custody of my daughter.
I was unable to hire an attorney to represent me, so I represented myself. His Attorney, recommended, picked and obtained an Amicus Attorney, at which the end of the custody hearing, my ex- husband paid her $5,000.00.
In turn, the Amicus Attorney only visited me at my home, once and then met me at coffee shop. That was the last I heard of her. The Amicus Attorney was supposed to visit my family, my job, school etc.. but that never happened.
The Amicus Attorney only visited, his job, his parents and their home.
During the hearing, I was only allowed 2 wittiness. Being afraid and ignorant of court room procedure, I agreed to whatever they told me.
Now I realize, I should have argued like Hell, to get my daughter but honestly it didn't make a difference.
It was devastating to myself and my daughter. She was 8 years old at the time.
Regardless, the verdict was that my daughter had to many school tardies.
I know it sounds like there should be more but there isn't. Court transcripts don't lie.

Over the past 7 years, my daughter has lived a very isolated life. She has no friends, no family (his side), no outside activities such as sports just school based activities that take place only at school.
Recently, her father remarried, they have only been married a year when his new wife decided that she wanted to move to another city, without them, stay married to my ex, and pursue another career. She told me she will not be coming back.
Although, I can not say my daughter has been neglected as far as clothes, food, medical care and shelter.
But she's has been thru so much. She has no help, no friends, no connections and no support system.
She's been bullied severely at the district she is in, by boys and girls so much that the stress is getting to her.
I'm at a loss.
I want my daughter moved to another school district where she can have friends and a life outside her room.
I'm a Teacher and I live within my means. It's been a difficult road.
I would like some direction on how I can get my daughter moved to another school.

Thank you
I appreciate your time
I just hope there is someone out there able to give me some solid advise (other than get a lawyer)

(Please no judgement: this is already difficult and although you may not believe it. This had to do with money, nothing more)


Modification of Custody: 14 Year Old, Only Child, Modification

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire