samedi 22 septembre 2018

Social Security and IRS

July 19 I went in to apply for survivor benefits from my husband who died in May 2016. Ihave been on SS disability since 2002. I turned 65 on 08-20-2018, so I wanted to see how much more I would get. The ss Representative told me it would be processed by 08-19-2018 and my first payment would be 09-03-2018. However, I did NOT received the increased benefit. I went back to SS the week before Labor Day and after a 2 hour wait was told by that days rep that he could not see why it had not been processed. He messagesd the original rep who said she was still working on it, maybe some back benefits. OK waited till last week and still the process has not been beyond the INITIATED claim status. What can I do, I called the 800 number but they said give it 10days.
Part 2 of question. I also applied for extra help with Medicare expenses. I got a call from the rep saying that according to the IRS I received $250 000 plus interest in 2016. and they wanted to know what happened to that money. FIRST OFF I did NOT receive that amount. I did get a life insurance policy payout from a friend who left it to me of $150 000 plus about $6000 in interest. I used the money to buy myself a new car ( my old was a 2001) a car for my son in college, and new appliances for my home, in addition to paying off house, and other incidentials. I was unaware of ANY law that told me I had to account to SS onhow I spent my money. I did report the interest on my taxes. The rep had no idea where the money came from, who reported it or what it was for. , but they wanted to know why I needed help if I had received $250 000 two years ago. I answered all questions on the form correctly. I DO NOT HAVE THIS MONEY. I DID NOT GET THAT MUCH. NOW they want me to prove that I did not get the money that they don't know what it is. . In addition, several thousands of dollars was stolen from my bank account by a family member addicted todrugs, and I had to close my account and open a new one. THAT is what left me needing help. How would I go about getting the info of what this is about? SS does not answer phone calls, and letters in my town. Another month is about gone even on m y routine application. I contacted the insurance company who paid aoutthe life ins. policy. but it is not the same amount. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks


Social Security and IRS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire