mercredi 26 septembre 2018

He Built a Fence Between Where Each of Our Deeds End, and on My Land

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Massachusetts

I live in a small condominium building in Massachusetts, and someone bought the building next door and is changing it to apartments. The buildings are only 4.5-5’ (feet) apart at the rear. Each of our deed surveys show the property line to be 1.5 feet from our houses. They added a door from their house, with this passage being the access from it to parking in the rear. They have built a fence about less than 2 feet from the end of my house in this passage, and it extends to the rear of the property along the old fence line, which his survey shows to be 2’ into my property further back

What’s the deal with the no-man's zone between what our two deeds show to be our property? Does he have the right to put a fence and cobblestones there if we object? How does one object about the property line further back, if we want the fence moved? If I have him sign a document in which he agrees that the fence is partly on my land, and I give him license to have it there, does that remove risk of adverse possession? Does that reduce the case for already existing adverse possession?

Thank you.


He Built a Fence Between Where Each of Our Deeds End, and on My Land

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire