mardi 25 septembre 2018

Recording Title Timeshare, Deed Never Recorded

My question involves real estate located in the State of RI:

My wife and I purchased a time share about 15 years go and had since paid it off. Recently we asked the time share company to perform a deed back and after 3 years, they agreed. When I asked them for confirmation that we are no longer on the deed they provided the following information:

"I’ve gone over the deeds at Town Hall and the story just gets better. Your original deed from <timeshare> to you and <mywife> was never recorded at the Clerks office. We do not know why, but there was a group that were never completed. Therefore, there is no way to record the deed from you to the <timeshare> and there is no recorded document that I may present to you. I have countersigned your deed as Vice President of the <timeshare> that the Deed Back was accepted and in full force. It is attached to this e-mail."

Given that the deed was never recorded, did we ever own the timeshare? Can we sue argue that they should reimburse us for the unit or at least the recording fee plus interest?

/af


Recording Title Timeshare, Deed Never Recorded

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire