dimanche 23 septembre 2018

Stupid Decisions About Shoplifting and Owning Up to Them

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Utah.
Okay so like 10 years ago I was working for Wal-Mart in Idaho and I got mixed in with drugs and the wrong crowd, which still is no excuse but I ended up shoplifting and stealing and doing stuff that I shouldn't have been doing and I ended up with felony charges and ended up spending 24 hours in jail. It was the worst time/part of my life and I would rather die than go back to jail for any period time. so I got probation for 5 years and restitution fees, fines and community service hours. (Which that happened in Idaho). I got all that done, completed that thought everything was going good and then I messed up again. this time its in Utah at walmart and I wasn't working for them. I wasn't scanning products items, mostly food items and putting them in the bag/cart and now I'm facing a class B misdemeanor charge and have been banned for life from walmart. I'm not happy at all about it. there's no excuse for my stupid decisions, I wish I can go back and change everything but I can't. ALL I can do is move forward and learn from this. I'm going to be doing a online program for shoplifting and also anything else I can do to help me. My deal is now I haven't gone to court or anything yet and I don't have the money to pay for a lawyer but I am worried that I'll have to do jail time and the issue is, is that I have 3 jobs and if I go to jail I'm going to lose them and I'll be in worse shape than I was before I made the stupid decisions. I would rather pay a fee for every month for the rest of my life then spend any amount of time in jail. I will be representing myself because I cannot afford a lawyer and I'm going to have a hard time with fees and fines anyway but I'd rather be having a hard time with the fees and fines then do jail time. I have a family to take care of and help support and my three jobs that depend on me that I need to keep. so I need any help and advice on what I can do or say to not have to worry about doing jail time. I know that it was stupid of me to do it in the first place and extremely stupid for me to do it again I have no excuses, just that it was a stupid decision and now I'm going to need to make up for it and move forward to prove myself. Any help advice anything would be very appreciative. Thank you


Stupid Decisions About Shoplifting and Owning Up to Them

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire