lundi 24 septembre 2018

Life Estates: Remainderman Rights - Can Locks Be Changed to Keep Him Out of House He Owns 25% of

My question involves real estate located in the State of: NY

My mother had a life estate for the house she lived in.

The beneficiaries are me and my 3 siblings.

My 3 siblings are also trustees of the trust.

I live out of town and was never notified of the meeting where they were made the trustees but had I known and been there - I prob would have been made a trustee too.

My mother died and my siblings/trustees changed the locks and will not allow me into they house.

Do they legally have the right to do this?

The never notified me ahead of time.

I also read that they were suppose to notifiy me of fact they were appointed trustees and also provide the trust documents. They never did this.

In addition - they refuse to discuss the locks on the door with me and refuse to give me a key.

What are my rights please?


Life Estates: Remainderman Rights - Can Locks Be Changed to Keep Him Out of House He Owns 25% of

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire