dimanche 23 septembre 2018

Suspension and Revocation: Nys Revoked Due to Accident with No Insurance

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: NYS

So here is the situation.

Moved overseas in 2016 and handed over my vehicle to my daughter in order for her to commute to work and college. In Oct 2017 Allstate cancelled my insurance due to the number of accidents on my policy. Didn't ever receive an email that the policy is cancelled as per Allstate a letter was mailed to the address on file where I don't live anymore. In Dec 2017 my daughter had a fender bender and of course no insurance as I found out my myself in Dec 2017 that we had no insurance.

So got new insurance, paid the civil penalty to NYS DMV for insurance lapse and other party for the damage on their car.

In Jul 2018 got a letter my NYS DMV that my license and my daughter license is revoked for 1 year due to driving with out insurance and accident.

So couple of questions

1 - Is there anyway to get my license back even though I wasn't driving the car but am only the registrant? Can I pay a fine and get the licence back?
2 - As I am not a NY resident anymore and live overseas can I use my foreign license to drive in NY when I travel for business?
3- As I live overseas I haven't been able to surrender the plates since, but will be doing it next month to cancel the registration. Is it possible to get a restricted license?
4- How long does revocation stay on your record?


Appreciate the response

Thanks

Ed


Suspension and Revocation: Nys Revoked Due to Accident with No Insurance

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire