lundi 24 septembre 2018

Can Biological Mother Legally Dictate What a Step Parent is Allowed to Do with Kids

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California

I am a stepmother to two children, ages 2 and 3, recently their biological mother told me and my husband that I was not allowed to drive the children and they could only ride in the car when my husband was driving since I got into a minor car accident. Does she have any legal grounds to dictate this to us? We are worried she will try to take my husband to court again for full custody. She is erratic and the last time she filed for full custody was done because my husband, who was my boyfriend at the time, let her know as a courtesy that he would be introducing me to the kids because our relationship was serious. My husband has 50/50 legal and physical custody.

A more general question: can she dictate anything to myself or my husband about how we spend our time with the children? Does she have any legal right to force us to do things her way? Or is my husbands time with them strictly his time and she has no say in how it is to be spent? (Other than court agreed upon stipulations such as leaving the home county without written permission?)


Can Biological Mother Legally Dictate What a Step Parent is Allowed to Do with Kids

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire