samedi 22 septembre 2018

Error in Income Reported to IRS by Unknown Source

I recently applied for help with medicare expenses through social security due to limited income. I received a letter saying I may not qualify even though the work sheet they enclose as proof says I make $13--- yearly and am able to qualify up to $24000 yearly, almost 10 000 under. THey say I did not give them a copy of letter they need. When I applied I received a phone call saying that "according to the IRS, I received $250 000 plus interest in 2016." What happened to this money?" I did not receive that amount. I did receive a $150 000 life insurance policy from a friend who died. I was unaware I had to tell SOcial security how I had spend my money in years before I applied for benefits. I answered all the questions on the form honestly and correctly, including my resources, bank accounts, etc. I do not have any of this money. I paid off my house, bought my self a 2 year old car and my college son a 6 year old car, all new appliances for my home, paid off some credit cards, and several thousands were stolen from me by a drug addicted family member from my bank account. I also had paid some lawyers fees, court costs, erc for this person. BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY. Do I wish I had what was stolen, you bet. IF SS thinks I have a hidden account, etc, why would they not have to prove that I was lying instead of me proving I did not receive this amount of money from a source, that they do not even know what is. Whom would I contact through IRS to find out what company turned in this amount and what for? I did contact the company that paid the insurance policy and get a copy of that mount which is over a $100 000 less than the IRS is supposedly telling S S. ALSO, since they can t even tell me what the money is from how could I prove I did not get the money? I needed the help, as my private disability payments ended and I can t survive on the little SS pays me. I turned 65, and I needed the help, applied, answered honestly have no accounts or money in hiding. How do I find out who reported this, or if it is just a clerical error. THanks.


Error in Income Reported to IRS by Unknown Source

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire