jeudi 26 juillet 2018

Visa Waiver Program: Problem with Esta

Hi-

I'd like to visit some friends in the US. Since I have dual citizenship I wanted to travel using the one from the country that is included in the visa waiver program. Since I wasn't sure how to fill out the form and I didn't want to make mistakes, I went to an agency that offers that service.

I told the agent that in 2005 I had been rejected a visa on my other passport (although 2 months later I got that visa and was able to travel to the US). He said it didn't matter because it was on my other passport, not the one included in the visa waiver program, so he answered No to the question about having a visa rejected in the past. Today I read that no matter what citizenship I had at that moment the visa was rejected, a rejected visa is a rejected visa so the answer should be Yes to that question. I also read that not saying the truth is considered fraud and the person would be banned from entering the US for a long time. Now I don't know what to do!

When I contacted the agebt that filled out my application and told him what I found out he just answered "You were notified of that." That is NOT true! He said the complete oppossite!

I never wanted to lie or do something wrong and now I'm in this situation. Is there anything I can do? Maybe contact the ESTA services and see if they can change that? I don't want to get in trounle so I'd rather have my ESTA canceled and not travel to the US than be changed with fraud...

Any advice?

Thanks!


Visa Waiver Program: Problem with Esta

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire