vendredi 27 juillet 2018

Vehicle Towed from the Propert

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California in the City of Ventura

I signed a lease at my apartment and they gave me tags to place in my vehicles. I places the tag so that it can visible be seen from the outside as instructed to do so. I hadn't moved one of my vehicles in a few weeks so the landlord put a notice on my car stating that I needed to "move it around and clean it" I saw the notice and went inside my apartment. Well, she had my car towed 72 hours later. I called asking why my vehicle was getting towed to which she assured me it was still in the gated lot even though I am literally talking to the guy who was towing my vehicle. Under California Law, the property does have the necessary signs, but since I live there, I'm not using it as public parking. I did not get a single sign on my door or a phone call. Just flimsy piece of paper on the door with no timeline on when my car would actually get towed.

1. Legally, can they tow my vehicle without giving me my perceived 96 hours under California Law?

2. Can I request the legal justification they are using to justify towing my vehicle within 72 hours?

3. Can I forgo to last three days of rent and just move on to cover the expenses from getting towed?

4. Is it even worth getting a lawyer since I'm leaving the state anyway? Any information would be much appreciated.


Vehicle Towed from the Propert

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire