jeudi 26 juillet 2018

Denial & Appeals: Receiving Unemployment and Disability

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

I filed for both disability and unemployment, hoping to get one...both started sending checks. Now, A year later, unemployment is asking for all the money back plus a $3,000 penalty.
I stopping receiving disability in February and then refiled for disability after unemployment ran out in May.

EDD Unemployment is stating that my Doctor by filling out disability is saying that I am fully disabled. The disability form actually says unable to perform regular or customary work. While receiving unemployment, I applied for jobs each two weeks and did not get hired.
I need to file an appeal to EDD as not to pay the additional $3,000 fine. They claim that I falsified statements on the unemployment forms. I did not.


Disability asked to have my new Doc fill out a disability continuation form...which he did twice. Now they are asking for a new claim to be filed. They have not sent a check since February. So, I am unemployed, partially disabled and not receiving any check.
Thank you for your help and advice.


Denial & Appeals: Receiving Unemployment and Disability

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire