lundi 30 juillet 2018

Disability Benefits: I Wanna Be My Own Payee Now

My dad has a lot on his plate and I want to take some off. I think I can be my own payee. I already know how to use money and how to use an atm. I can sign papers and forms as long as they aren't too wordy and complicated. I have a lot of health, physical, emotional, and psychological issues, like bad short-term memory, PTSD, Depression, bad joints, Autism, tremors, get easily confused and other stuff. But I want to go to vocational rehab and learn to be able to get a job. I won't be able to do full time, but I think that something is better than nothing.

I am 28 and want to be able to be more independent. I am already in college and I do good when I take one class at a time. I even can take care of my Leopard Gecko by myself. As long as I have my gecko, I have a reason to stay in this world and get better so that she can have a bigger tank and Dad and I can get out of this small apartment. I get 68?.?? I think, but I live in California and it doesn't last. I already do the yearly thing myself because it is easy. If I have big paperwork to fill out, I plan to ask for help from the people at my health center or my counselor.

I just remembered that my counselor said that I could be my own Payee since I do the yearly form myself and use the debit card fine, all you have to do is put it in the bank atm and put in the amount you need and it gives it to you. I can manage my money, I can do groceries and pay my cell phone bill.

The main reason that I want to be my own payee is that I want to start work. But that would be more paperwork for Dad, and he is already so overburdened. But if I were my own payee, I could do the paperwork instead. How do I become my own payee and is it a good Idea? Would they take my check away? I wouldn't be able to work enough to afford my supplements and then my joints would be even worse, meaning I could work even less. Without my Glucosamine Chondroitin, I wouldn't even be able to move my joints for a long time before getting up and they would hurt so much that I would try to bite them off. I don't want to go back to those days.

So do you guys think I should try to be my own Payee, or just stick to the sub-security of my current state? Sorry if I am hard to understand, I might be having an extra bad brain day today.


Disability Benefits: I Wanna Be My Own Payee Now

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire