jeudi 26 juillet 2018

Getting Fired: Return of Company "Gift" and Bounced Check Reimbursements

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of Utah

I was recently laid off with no explanation. My last checks bounced (as with all 300+ employees), and I wanted some answers as to when I could get paid and reimbursed for overdrafts. I was told if I don't trust the company I shouldn't work there and I was fired. The next day they said they had my checks ready (only last two checks no severance) and they said I couldn't have them until I return my laptop. The laptop was given as a gift from my old boss at the company who has since left the company. I NEVER signed any company property paperwork and was told it a gift, and I can keep it. I had it for three years. Can I legally keep it? There is nothing in my contracts about the laptop or return of property. Also, do they have to legally pay back my overdrafts from their bounced checks and a severance?


Getting Fired: Return of Company "Gift" and Bounced Check Reimbursements

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire