samedi 28 juillet 2018

Is a Search Without Me There Legal

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas



I was recently arrested. During booking a bully deputy said "they are searching your house right now and they just found a digital harddrive in the sewing machine". The sewing machine bit was a lie of course. I said "do you have a warrant?" He said "we don't need one your wife signed a paper giving us permission to search. I then said "you don't have mine". I realize that according to the Supreme court the cops do not have to tell me that I can refuse but if I do tell them they don't have my permission then my wife's permission is null and void. Is that correct? See Georgia V. Randolph.

They got me away from the house on purpose so I could not refuse their search but then the cop messed up and opened his big mouth and told me.


Is a Search Without Me There Legal

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire