mercredi 25 juillet 2018

Chapter 13: Will Buying a Car After Filing - but Before Approval - Cause Problems

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: PA (Pennsylvania)

Hello,

I've been sued by a credit card company. I've submitted an answer, and also been thinking and preparing for a likely filing of Chapter 13. The date of my arbitration meeting with the creditor is in a couple of weeks (around August 10). I was advised to file before then.

At the same time, my car broke down and we've been saving up to get another used vehicle. I've not been able to make a purchase yet. We've saved about $5k for this car. I don't know if I'll have time to find and get a good deal on a car by the time I file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection.

Question:

  • Will I encounter problems with the court's approval of my Chapter 13 filing if they see that $5k that was in a bank account when I filed, was later used to buy a car (which I need to get to the office)?





Thanks,
JPG.


Chapter 13: Will Buying a Car After Filing - but Before Approval - Cause Problems

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire