lundi 30 juillet 2018

Speeding Tickets: Trying to Resolve 30 Year Old Speeding Tickets

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: North Dakota and Minnesota.

I’m trying to help my mother resolve a license suspension caused by two speeding tickets in the late 80s. My mom had a North Carolina license and never got a new license when she moved to North Dakota in 1987. She got two speeding tickets in two years. One in Minnesota in 1987. One in North Dakota in 1988. These tickets were not promptly resolved and were reported to the North Carolina DOT leading to her license being suspended.

Fast forward 30 years and I’m trying to help her get a North Dakota license. I contacted the Bismarck ND municipal court and the Bismarck police department to try and get the 1988 ticket resolved. As it was so long ago the ticket is not in their systems and they were not able to locate any record of it. I attempted to contact the North Dakota DOT where I got the run around for a while before being told to leave a mesaage which has not been returned. Contacting the Minnesota DOT was a similar experience.

I contacted several lawyers here in town for legal advice but was told they would not be able to help me. I’m not aware of any lawyers here that specialize in tickets or DOT issues.

I realize this is a complicated situation and it’s entirely my mother’s fault for not getting this taken care of years ago. And I know this is a long shot, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.


Speeding Tickets: Trying to Resolve 30 Year Old Speeding Tickets

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire