vendredi 27 juillet 2018

Health Insurance: Divorced but Still on Health Insurance

My question involves insurance law for the state of: California

Thank you in advance for any assistance. After seven years of marriage the end was near. Wife works for a large corporation and I have my own small software company. We are lucky enough to have medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage through my wife's employer. They deduct about $250.00 per month from her check for my portion of the coverage. In December we filed for divorce. Her open enrollment period was November for making changes to insurance. The divorce became final in June. She has yet to turn in the divorce paperwork to her employer so they are still taking money from her check and wants me to reimburse her claiming that I am still covered. I would suspect that since she hasn't turned in the paperwork that I am still covered on paper but am wondering if it would be considered fraudulent. Also, in reading her corporate benefits documents that she left behind it says that you must report a "life event" within 30 days or you will have to wait for open enrollment to make a change to the insurance coverage. She is asking me to pay her and I am not sure how to proceed. Any advice? Thanks again...


Health Insurance: Divorced but Still on Health Insurance

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire