vendredi 27 juillet 2018

Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Retail Fraud 3rd Degree - Voluntary Probation

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Michigan

In April, I stole $8 worth of goods from Walmart. An officer came and took notes about what happened but I was ot taken to jail. He said I would receive a warrant for my arrest in about 2 months. I am from a town about an hour away where the crime happened and have a lawyer from my home county. I just received the following:

"A warrant has been approved for your arrest for the charge of retail fraud - third degree. The Ingham Prosecuting Attorney has delayed action on a warrant pending an investigation by the Prosecutor's Diversion Program. The purpose of this investigation is to determine whether you qualify for a voluntary probation term. Satisfactory completion of the probation term would result in the charges being dropped and a clean arrest record. Your scheduled appointment is at the Prosecutor's Diversion Program Office."

- What do I need to bring to the "appointment?"
- Do I need to bring my lawyer?
- What will they be looking for for me to qualify for the probation term?
- Will I have any sort of criminal record after this?
- Is this a court appearance or hearing?
- What questions should I be prepared to answer?
- Will my college or future employers have any way of knowing about this?
- What is a "voluntary probation term?"

Can someone explain this process and letter to me and how I should best handle it? Thank you.


Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Retail Fraud 3rd Degree - Voluntary Probation

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire