lundi 30 juillet 2018

Enforcement of Judgments: Ex of 4 Years and New Wife Send Letter Demanding I Pay His Collection Debt

My question involves a marriage in the state of:Oregon

Hello, I will try to make this as short and sweet as possible. My ex and I have been divorced over 4 years. We verbally agreed we would each be responsible for our own credit in our names only regardless of the credit taken out while married. My credit was my credit, his was his. The only debt listed to be divided or named responsible party for
on decree was Joint debt. Fast forward, 4 .5 years later. I get a letter from him or his wife threatening me with legal action because he got sent to collections for a JC Penny card in his name and according to the letter, it was a fraudulent account because ex had no idea I was not paying on this card and all the bills were coming to me and I was not forwarding to him and on and on. So I have never received a bill in his name to my address from JC Penny and never discarded anything. If the collections company had the right address in which to send the collection notice to, how can they say JC Penny was sending billis to me and how could he think I was paying this the whole time and all the sudden surprise, I was not paying. Again, we verbally agreed to pay our own credit card debt and NOT ONE word was ever spoken about this JC Penny account in the 4.5 years we have been divorced. It is not named on the decree as a bill I am responsible for. It is not mentioned at all, BUT is in his name and not mine! In fact, there is a joint bill on there he was supposed to have paid and never did, but I never pressed it. Does he/them have a legal leg on which to stand on with this bill? I find it harassing and almost an attempt to extort and or get out of paying his monthly child support. Thanks! :concern:


Enforcement of Judgments: Ex of 4 Years and New Wife Send Letter Demanding I Pay His Collection Debt

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire