samedi 28 juillet 2018

Lost Property: Vehicle Sold by Towing Company

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Georgia
On June 6, 2018 I was involved in an accident of which I was at fault. The vehicle, I believe, was a total loss, for, as from what I can see of the accident report almost all panels of the car were damaged. Due to the type of violations, which included; DUI drugs and possession of drugs, I was taken first to the hospital and then to the jail, (I broke my collarbone). I was eventually given an OR bond and released from jail on July 18, 2018. The next business day I called the tow company of record to inquire about the contents of the vehicle, as I had some semi valuable property in the vehicle which included tools, electronics, prescription controlled medication, etc. I was informed that the vehicle was sold to a scrap yard and the contents of the vehicle, (which were partially inventoried by the police officer), were sold with the vehicle.
Due to the fact that I was in the county jail, I didn't receive any notification that the vehicle would be sold even though it should have been known that I was in jail.
Do I have any recourse to receive value for the property sold with the vehicle. I would say the total value would not exceed a few thousand dollars.


Lost Property: Vehicle Sold by Towing Company

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire