vendredi 31 août 2018

Unregistered Vehicles: VC 4000(A): Purchased Used Car: Am I Liable

I bought a used car in March here in California. I left the dealership with expired tags showing and temporary registration doc on the windshield. Because of various delays in processing with the DMV, I ended up getting an "Expired Registration" violation 4000(a) VC.

1. I don't think the issuing officer was aware of the temp registration on the windshield.
2. The DMV rejected registration via the electronic system, forcing the dealership to send them paper forms in the mail in April.
3. I called the dealer in May, but was told to just be patient.
4. The DMV contacted the dealer in July, asking for verification of the VIN. I took the car back to the dealer to facilitate this.
5. Dealer confirms registration is "in-process" in the DMV database July 23, 2018.
6. Citation happens 8/5/2018.
7. DMV issues new reg for my car on 8/8/2018.

Enforcement agency says I am still vulnerable to citation under VC 4000(a) because I let the DMV take longer than 80 days to get me the tags after they received the app. Is this assertion true, in all aspects? By that I mean: a) is it me holding the bag, here? and b) is it the same vehicle code that makes me liable here [4000(a)]?


Unregistered Vehicles: VC 4000(A): Purchased Used Car: Am I Liable

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire