lundi 27 août 2018

Custody and Visitation Issues: Paternity Custody

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Louisiana

A child was born while the mother was in custody and she waived her parental rights. I was not aware of the birth until an adoption legal firm called to request I waive my rights. My name was not listed on the birth certificate. I hired an attorney and a paternity test was completed. The child is in foster care (I believe) and the was up for adoption by the foster parents. Upon notification of request for paternity the adoption process stopped and I was asked what my intentions were. I have had issues with addiction and recently received a DUI. About 10 months before knowing about the child I moved in with my parents and surrounded myself with positive people and joined a community church. I am not proud of my past, but I am working towards a better life (drug-free for almost 1 year). The foster parents attorney have offered an Open Adoption, but I want to pursue custody. I have been informed that the potential adoptive parents are going to fight for my child by deposing the mother and who ever else they might find from my past. I am afraid my past will hurt me in the custody battle, but I am the biological father and know in my heart I will be a loving father and want to raise my child. The child is only 3 months old. My parents support me 100% and will continue to support me if awarded custody. Any thoughts on my chance of winning custody?


Custody and Visitation Issues: Paternity Custody

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire