jeudi 30 août 2018

Legal Malpractice: Attorney Allowed Statute of Limitations to Run Out and Lost My Information

My question involves malpractice in the state of: MO

So the long and short of it: a doctor prescribed medication which was actually known to cause issues I currently have for a problem I actually did not have. I had been in a car accident prior and was seeing a neurologist to help with a TBI. The other doctor, not the neurologist, failed to look at my medical records and caused an auto-immune disorder that has left me unable to walk or use one of my hands quite frequently. When this first happened, less than a month after dealing with the doctor, my attorney advised me not to file until after my car accident was taken care of because you can't have two major cases going at the same time. However, the attorney then didn't contact me again for 3 months (I kept all the messages and contact history), only to tell me he lost my actual file due to allowing an associate to take it. He then proceeded to not contact me again for another 2 months, when I started asking what is going on literally every single week and what files were missing. It took him an entire year to recreate the file, but he not once filed in court for anything and then pushed me to take a settlement he agreed upon by taking even more time and forcing my hand. I have contacted other attorneys and even when they say I have a case, no one wants to go after an attorney who put my identity out there for theft, allowed statutes to run out on a doctor who actually almost killed me, and has allowed numerous other misdeeds. Is there anything I can do? He actually outright refused to file the accident in court (I have those messages as well) and kept pushing me to not file until he was done in regards to the doctor.


Legal Malpractice: Attorney Allowed Statute of Limitations to Run Out and Lost My Information

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire